The cluster of “anxious” personality disorders includes:
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
People with these disorders typically display anxious and fearful behavior
- Although many of the symptoms are similar to those of anxiety and depressive disorders, researchers have found no direct links between this cluster and those diagnoses
- As with most of the personality disorders, research is very limited
- But treatments for this cluster appear to be modestly to moderately helpful, considerably better than for other personality disorders
Bernstein, D.A. & Nash, P.W. (2008). Essentials of psychology (4th ed.) Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company.
Comer, R.J. (2013). Abnormal Psychology (8th ed). Worth Publishers
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, (DSM-5) American Psychiatric Publishing, 2013
Feldman, R. (2013). Essentials of understanding psychology (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Friedman, H.S. & Schustack, M.W. (2012), Personality: classic theories and modern research (5th ed). Boston: Pearson Allyn & Bacon.
McGraw-Hill.McGraw Hill Higher Education (2013), The McGraw Hill Companies, Inc.
Ryckman, R. M. (2013). Theories of personality (10th ed.). Mason, OH: Cengage Learning.
Sue,Sue, and Sue (2014). Understanding Abnormal Behavior (10th Ed), Cengage Learning